Jim Cassio is a workforce and economic development consultant, author and career expert who has been commissioned to conduct hundreds of labor market studies and has published numerous research reports, as well as career resource books.
Jim's many specialties include:
- industry sector strategy consulting
- strategies & tools for hiring veterans
- industry, occupation, and skills research
- education & training program inventory and assessment
- transferable skills & skills assessment tools
- career resource product development
- green career & workforce issues
- green/sustainable business practices
Recent career resource publications include:
- Green Careers: Choosing Work for a Sustainable Future
- Green Careers Resource Guide
- Career Pathways Handbook
- Your Guide to the Top 100 Careers
Jim is also an experienced speaker, trainer, and workshop facilitator on career and workforce issues.
He has designed and coordinated research and development projects for federal, state, and local agencies, including O*NET pilot projects (O*NET is the nation's Occupational Information Network, a product of the U.S. Dept. of Labor) and dozens of State/Local Labor Market Information (applied research) projects.
Clients range from nonprofits (such as AARP) to private corporations (such as PG&E) to educational institutions (such as the Los Rios Community College District) to local workforce boards (such as the Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County) and economic development organizations (such as the East Bay Economic Development Alliance).
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn